Chinese Fried Vegetables
Vegetables cooked in this way look very attractive, are tasty and being very mild, are a good counterpart to the spicy mutton.
You will need –
- 1 cup shelled peas
- 1- 1/2 cup each shredded cabbage
- cauliflower and carrots
- 3 tblsp. Oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ajinomoto
- Half boil the peas, add a pinch of soda-bi-carb to the water to keep them green.
- Drain. Heat oil in a shallow wide pan (like a kadai or a wok), and when really hot, drop all the vegetables in.
- Fry on medium heat for five minutes, tossing all the vegetables, so that they get evenly fried and cooked.
- Add the salt and ajinomoto, fry for a few minutes more and remove.