“Citrus Fruit Preserve”, खट्टे फलों को प्रिजर्व”
- 4 kg Citrus fruit peel cut into strips
- 2 kg Sugar
- little color if desired
- Soak peels overnight in salted water.
- Drain out water and squeeze out peels.
- Boil peels in water and drain out. Repeat this once more.
- Squeeze out all the bitterness from the peels.
- Make thick syrup with the sugar.
- Add peels and cook till tender and transparent and water dries.
- Spread peels out to dry on a tray. Sprinkle with sugar.
- This candied peel can be used in fruit cakes.