Lime-Honey Fruit Salad
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3 medium gala or Red Delicious apples, cubed
- 2 medium pears, cubed
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 2 cups green grapes
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine cornstarch and lime juice until smooth.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds; stir.
- Cook 15 seconds longer; stir. Stir in honey and poppy seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, pears and grapes. Pour dressing over fruit; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3/4 cup: 96 calories,
- 0 fat (0 saturated fat)
- 0 cholesterol
- 2mg sodium
- 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber)
- 1g protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.