Mango Avocado Spring Rolls
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese 2 tablespoons lime juice 1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce or 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped 2/3 cup cubed avocado 3 green onions, thinly sliced 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro 8 round rice paper wrappers (8 inches) 1 medium mango, peeled and thinly sliced 2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- Mix cream cheese, lime juice and chili sauce; gently stir in pepper, avocado, green onions and cilantro.
- Fill a large shallow dish partway with water.
- Dip a rice paper wrapper into water just until pliable, about 45 seconds (do not soften completely); allow excess water to drip off.
- Place wrapper on a flat surface.
- Place cream cheese mixture, mango and sprouts across bottom third of wrapper.
- Fold in both ends of wrapper; fold bottom side over filling, then roll up tightly. Place on a serving plate, seam side down.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
1 spring roll: 117 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.