Stuffed Chapati with Khoya (Mawa, Khava)
You will need –
- 2 cups khoya
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup khuskhus (poppy seeds)
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 6 cardamoms
- 3 tblsp. oil, ghee
- Dry roast the khuskhus and grind it dry. Roast the khoya, powder the cardamoms. Mix khuskhus, khoya, sugar and cardamom and grind together once.
- Divide into 12 to 15 balls (approximately). Add oil to the flour and with cold water, make a dough as for chapatis. Knead well. Make double the number of balls as those of khoya.
- Roll out two of these balls slightly, place a flattened ball of khoya mixture in between, close all around properly, and with the help of rice flour, roll out to make a thickish chapati (like parotha).
- Bake on a griddle on moderate heat, till light brown on both sides, adding only a few drops of ghee while baking. Remove and serve with ghee.