Paruni/Bhruni Anjeer ki Sabji,Raw Fig Sabji
Paruni/Bhruni is a Sabji/Dish of Himachal. This is a sabji of raw/green figs. It is made in Himachal in the month of April. In Himachal it’s called khasre(figs). This is very good in taste and full of health benefits. You can have this in lunch or dinner with chapaties or plain paranthas.
- ½ kg Raw Figs
- 2 Tomatoes Chopped
- 2-3 green chilies or red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons Mustard oil
- Salt according to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- First wash figs properly and then boil figs in pressure cooker with two glass water up to 2 whistles, don’t boil too much.
- After boiling remove extra water from figs and keep boiled figs in a separate bowl.
- Now take a pan or kadahi put mustard oil and heat till it becomes transparent.
- Now add cumin seeds and coriander seeds, and then add chopped tomatoes and green chili.
- Fry them and then add salt and turmeric. Fry till it become a paste and paste start releasing oil.
- Now add boiled raw figs/ anjeer, mix well and mash them.
- Now keep it on medium flame for 2-3 minutes and then turn off the flame.
- It takes less time to cook as it is already boiled.
- Now serve it with chapaties (Indian bread).
Note: If you want add onion then you can add and one more twist you can give it to by adding amchoor powder.