- 150 gms khoya (dried whole milk).
- 250 gms paneer – cut into 1″ cubes
- 1/2″ ginger piece
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp zeera (cumin seeds) a few cashewnuts
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes – pureed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala (mixed spices)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Fry paneer to a golden brown colour.
- Grind green chillies, ginger and zeera to a fine paste.
- Grind onions separately.
- Heat ghee. Add onions. Cook until onions turn light brown.
- Add mashed khoya. Cook on slow fire until khoya turns light brown.
- Add ginger paste. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add cashewnuts. Cook for 12 minute.
- Add tomato puree. Cook until ghee separates.
- Add water, salt, chillies and garam masala.
- Boil. Cook on low heat till the gravy is thick and ghee separates.
- Add paneer, cook for a few minutes more.
- Serve hot, garnished with grated khoya and cashewnuts