- 250 gms paneer (cottage cheese) – cut into fingers
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 onion – chopped
- 1/2″ piece of ginger – chopped
- 1 green chilli – chopped
- 4 big tomatoes – chopped
- 2 moti illaichi (brown cardamom) – crushed
- 1/4 cup beaten curd
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala (mixed spices)
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup milk or thin cream
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee. Add onion, ginger, green chilli and moti illaichi.
- Cook until onion turns light brown.
- Add tomatoes. Cook, covered on low flame for 7-8 minutes.
- Add curd. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from fire.
- Grind to a puree with Y2 cup water in a liquidizer.
- Strain the puree. Cook the tomato puree in 1 tbsp ghee for 5-7 minutes on low flame.
- Add salt, chilli powder, pepper, garam masala and tomato sauce. Add enough water to get thick gravy.
- Boil. Keep on low flame for 5-7 minutes. Remove from fire.
- At the time of serving, heat gravy and add paneer pieces.
- Add cream or milk.
- Serve garnished with a bunch of coriander leaves surrounded by finely grated paneer.