Sirke wale Pyaaz Recipe, Pickled Vinegar Onion Recipe
Sirke wale Pyaaz or Vinegar Onion is something which adds flavor to Indian cuisine especially North Indian cuisine. Crunchy onions dipped into clove and black pepper flavored water with vinegar gives twist to the main course. We usually have these vinegary onions in restaurant only. But now with few easy and simple steps you can have them at your home only. So let’s start making them, if you will have suggestions you can comment.
- ½ cup Water
- 1 cup White vinegar
- Half Beetroot Cubed
- 2 piece of Ginger
- 5-6 green chilies
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2-3 Cloves
- 4-5 Black pepper
- 250 gm Pearl onions
- 2 tsp Salt
- First peel and wash onion and make 2 cross cuts into onions, so that they can soak vinegar properly and keep aside.
- Now take one beetroot wash it and cut it half and then cut into cubes.
- Cut ginger into long slices and cut green chili into 2 pieces.
- Now, Boil water in a pan and then add cloves, black pepper, salt, sugar, ginger and beetroot into it and then let it boil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now turn off flame and strain the water into a bowl and let it cool.
- Side by side add the onions, ginger slices and chilies in a glass jar and then pour out the water (including the ingredients which we have boiled into it) over the onions up-to half jar.
- Now add vinegar over it.
- Close jar’s lid tightly and keep it for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours it ready to use.
- It can be stored for up to 10 days in refrigerator.
- Do not throw away the vinegar mixture as it can be used again to pickle the onions.
- Just add more onions after the previous ones are finished.