- 5 Kg Ripe Guavas
- 1/4 Liter Lemon juice
- 5 Kg Sugar
- 150 gm Clarified butter (desi ghee)
- Red colour (food colour)
- Peel and cut guavas in halves. Scoop out all the seeds.
- Cook guavas in 1 liter of water till very soft. Mash till smooth.
- To the guava pulp add sugar, lemon juice and clarified butter(ghee) and cook on strong heat stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- When thick, add colour and mix well.
- Cook till very thick.
- Grease a plate with clarified butter and pour the guava cheese onto it.
- Allow to cool before cutting into pieces.