Mint with Pomegranate Seeds Chutney/Sauce
This refreshing mint chutney/sauce is a welcome addition to any meal, specially in north Indian homes as it is very common and popular. Pomegranate seeds, which are not such a common addition, are variation to this recipe and do add a special flavoring. You can raw mango pulp instead of pomegranate seeds.
- 4 table spoons mint, washed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, de-seeded and chopped
- Juice of 1-1-1/2 limes
- 1-1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar or according to taste
- Salt according to taste
An electric blender or a grinding stone
- First wash mint leaves and coriander leaves properly.
- Put all the ingredients (mint, coriander leaves, chilies, lemon juice, sugar and salt) into blender one by one and then blend and grind them together.
- if you like little raw consistency of chutney then do not blend it too much. If you like paste like chutney then you can blend it properly and can check the thickness in between the blending.
- I personally like it in raw form
- After blending check seasoning if you want to add more sugar or salt or lime juice you can otherwise pour this chutney into a bowl and keep in refrigerator and serve chilled.
Variation: If you have option you can add the pulp of one raw green mango instead of the pomegranate seeds and lemon juice.