Moong (Green Gram) Kadhi
You will need –
- 2-1/2 cups curd or 4 cups buttermilk (you can include part of the whey)
- 2 tblsp. besan (gramflour)
- 1 inch ginger
- 4 green chilies
- a few curry leaves
- 1 tblsp. Ghee
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 cup whole dried moong
- salt to taste.
- Dry roast the moong for a few minutes; add water and pressure cook till soft.
- Churn together the curd and the gram flour. Add cooked moong to this.
- Grind the ginger and chilies and add to the curd, along with salt and curry leaves.
- If the curd is too sweet, add a pinch of citric acid. Adjust the consistency.
- The kadhi should not be very thin. Bring to a boil and boil for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the ghee, add cumin seeds and turmeric to it; pour over the kadhi. Remove and cover.